Teaching STEM with the Power of Games – Interview with Rosie HamedDecember 8, 2021
Social Media in the ClassroomDecember 29, 2021
‘Tis the season! Thanksgiving has given us time to reflect all that we have to be thankful for, not only from November, but the whole year. Then coming off that break and rolling into another, we have a lot of free time to play with STEM equipment. This month we are sharing our appreciation and celebrating the holiday season too!
Our Latest Blog Posts
- Teaching STEM with the Power of Games – Interview with Rosie Hamed
- Interview with Indiana’s Teacher of the Year: Sharita Ware
- The Physics and Mystery of Radio
Free Holiday Resources You’ll Love
There are a lot of holidays to learn about and celebrate around this time of year; that’s why they call it the Holiday season after all! We are thankful for all of the free resources available online! You can learn more about the history of Kwanzaa, Christmas, Hanukkah, and many more holidays by visiting History.com. Check out some free Holiday STEM activities here:
Books About the Holidays
- How to Catch an Elf by Adam Wallace (Author) and Andy Elkerton (Illustrator)
- Snowflake Bently by Jacqueline Briggs Martin (Author) and Mary Azarian (Illustrator)
- A Year Full of Stories: 52 classic stories from all around the world by Angela McAllister (Author) and Christopher Corr (Illustrator)
- Runaway Dreidel! by Lesléa Newman (Author) and Kyrsten Brooker (Illustrator)
- Li’l Rabbit’s Kwanzaa by Donna L. Washington (Author) and Shane W. Evans (Illustrator)
The Even Tinier Desktop Robotic Arm
You may have heard us talk about the Dobot Magician before, but did you know the Magician has a little brother? The Dobot Magician Lite shines because of its ease-of-use and affordability. It makes learning robotics and coding easy for any age. The Lite comes with three end effectors: a suction cup, soft gripper, and pen holder. You can also pair the Lite with the AI Teaching Kit to teach real-world applications like:
- Warehouse Entry
- Automated Garbage Classification
- Automated Restocking
- Smart Shopping
A new year means new events! The first tradeshow of the year will be on Purdue University’s campus at the Indiana STEM Education Conference, then we head to Orlando to the Future of Education Technology Conference. Read below for more information on the two conferences.
From January 25-28, Brad and Christine will be in Orlando, FL to meet thousands of ed tech enthusiasts and show off our technologies! Register here.
Giving Thanks and Celebrating the Holidays
During our Thanksgiving feast we used the Glowforge to create ornaments for our holiday tree! We “made lemonade from lemons” by taking these engraved ornaments and decorating them for a fun holiday experience. If you have made any holiday decorations please share them with us on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
STEM Champions to Follow
- Twitter: Next Generation Learning Challenges – NGLC supports educators and communities that are reimagining public education. #NGLCchat
- Twitter: National Science Teaching Association – NSTA promotes excellence and innovation in science teaching and learning for all.
- Instagram: We Are Teachers – We Are Teachers’ goal is to make your job easier with awesome classroom ideas, inspiration, and activities.