Grades 6-8 Curriculum
Our curriculum for grades 6-8 is designed to meet the unique needs of middle school students, providing them with engaging STEM experiences that prepare them for future success.
Why Middle School STEM Matters:
- Middle school is a critical time for fostering a love for learning and building a strong foundation in STEM disciplines.
- Engaging students in meaningful STEM experiences during this phase cultivates curiosity and problem-solving abilities.
- STEM education equips students with essential skills for the future.
Empower middle school students with engaging stem education.
- Engaging Content: Diverse STEM topics resonate with middle school students, making learning relevant and captivating.
- Project-Based Learning: Hands-on projects encourage critical thinking, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Career and College Readiness: The curriculum aligns with industry demands and college readiness standards.
- Personalized Learning: Opportunities for personalization allow students to explore their interests and take ownership of their learning journey.
- Teacher Support: We offer comprehensive support, including detailed lesson plans, instructional resources, and professional development opportunities.
Unlock the potential of every middle school student by creating a dynamic learning environment where students thrive and develop a lifelong passion for STEM.
Build Smart Clubhouse Curriculum
The Build Smart Clubhouse is a middle school curriculum that gets students designing and building their own automated clubhouses. They learn the fundamentals of construction and architecture as they build their structures using industry standards. Next, students incorporate computer science skills as they code a micro:bit and sensor technology to automate their clubhouses with a thermostat, fan, lighting, and doorbell.
H2GP SPRINT Curriculum
This comprehensive curriculum empowers students to investigate greenhouse gases, carbon emissions, and the different methods of hydrogen production. They’ll also get hands-on experience in understanding how fuel cells work and their environmental benefits, particularly in the realm of sustainable transportation. Utilizing higher-order thinking skills, students will engage in the design optimization of a fuel-cell-powered kart. With a blend of interactive presentations, research activities, and assessments, this course offers a holistic understanding of the environmental benefits of hydrogen fuel cells and the important role they can play for a greener future.
Build Smart EV Micro-Kart FLASH Curriculum
The Build Smart EV Micro-Kart FLASH curriculum puts your students in the driver’s seat as they build and code their own electric go-karts. The curriculum walks you through each step so you can enjoy the experience alongside your students. It teaches students about the Engineering Design Process through hands-on, project-based learning.
Discoveries in Design and Innovation
Our middle school micro:bit course is designed to immerse students in the Engineering Design Process, structured around six lessons that adhere to the 5E lesson plan format. Within this framework, students tackle real-world problems by stepping into roles defined by narrative-driven design briefs, which encourages a practical approach to problem-solving.
The curriculum employs the MakeCode platform, allowing for an interactive experience with both virtual and physical micro:bits, and places a strong emphasis on Social Emotional Learning (SEL) by integrating activities that promote collaboration, reflection, and critical thinking.
Discoveries in Design and Innovation
3D Printing Edition, Book 1
This middle school 3D printing curriculum features themes like the Engineering Design Process, Life Science, and Physical Science. Our curriculum ensures a comprehensive and cross-disciplinary educational experience and includes specialized features for remediation, extension, and social-emotional learning (SEL), making the curriculum adaptable to a diverse range of learners.
To further enrich the learning experience, we connect 3D printing concepts with other trending makerspace technologies, such as coding and robotics. In a world where 3D printing is becoming increasingly vital in career and technical education, this robust curriculum provides middle school students with a broad spectrum of skills essential for the 21st-century workforce. Anchored by the 5E learning model—Engage, Explore, Explain, Engineer, and Evaluate—our curriculum offers a holistic, adaptable, and future-ready educational journey.
Introducing our comprehensive curriculum: empowering educators, engaging students
- 5E Lesson Plan Format: Our curriculum follows the proven 5E instructional model (Engage, Explore, Explain, Engineer, Evaluate), ensuring a comprehensive and effective learning experience for students.
- Aligned to National Standards: Our curriculum is meticulously aligned with national standards, ensuring that your students are meeting the necessary learning objectives and preparing them for academic success.
- Step-by-Step Instructions: Our curriculum provides clear and detailed step-by-step instructions for teachers, making it easy to implement the lessons and activities without any guesswork.
- Materials Lists: We understand the importance of having the right materials for hands-on learning. That's why our curriculum includes comprehensive materials lists, ensuring that you have everything you need to facilitate engaging experiments and projects.
- Objectives: Each lesson comes with clearly defined objectives, enabling you to set clear learning targets for your students and track their progress effectively.
- Tips and Strategies for Implementation: We provide valuable tips and strategies to help you implement the curriculum effectively and easily. These insights are designed to support your teaching, enhance student engagement, and address potential challenges.
We want you to succeed with our technology and curriculum. That’s why we go above and beyond to become your STEM partner. We will help you every step of the way. Our one-on-one consultations and professional development resources make getting started a breeze.
- Would you rather chat with us? We're available 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST.
- We're happy to talk with you! Give us a call 866-783-6109 — toll-free!
- 2880 Old US Highway 231 S
Lafayette, IN 47909