Getting Ready for the 2024 Eclipse!January 2, 2024
Superheroes & Sci-Fi: Why I Chose STEMJanuary 16, 2024
Another great year is in the books and we enjoyed many STEM-filled experiences along the way. Whether you’re new (like 2024), or a seasoned veteran, we have a wide range of blogs, resources, and books to add to your list for the new year. Plus, a new year means you get to meet our new President of STEM Education Works, Kim Kallok!
Our Latest Blog Posts
Our Favorite Free STEM Resources from 2023
Free is always a great thing to hear, so that’s why we compiled our favorite ways to find free educational STEM resources from 2023. Check them out!
- Colorado’s Department of Education has a long list of great STEM resources, including:
- National Inventors Hall of Fame has educator resources like a downloadable STEM handbook, STEM activities, and whitepapers.
- CK-12 provides free and standard-aligned content for just about every subject!
Our favorite free resources are of course found at STEM Education Works. We constantly update resources with new blogs, newsletters like this, and webinars!
Best STEM Books from 2023
These are some of our favorites from NSTA’s Best STEM Books published in 2023:
- The Brilliant Calculator: How Mathematician Edith Clarke Helped Electrify America by Jan Lower, illustrated by Susan Reagan
- Extra Life: The Astonishing Story of How We Doubled Our Lifespan (Young Readers Adaptation) by Steven Johnson
- George Washington’s Engineer: How Rufus Putnam Won the Siege of Boston without Firing a Shot by Darcy Pattison, illustrated by Terry Kole
- Giraffe Math by Stephen Swinburne, illustrated by Geraldo Valério
- Plague-Busters!: Medicine’s Battles with History’s Deadliest Diseases by Lindsey Fitzharris and Adrian Teal
Our New President – Kim Kallok!
Kim Kallok comes from our sister company, School Datebooks, to STEM Education Works as our new President! The excitement of introducing students, teachers, and administrators to STEM-related programs drives Kim, as she knows how important these skills are for the workforce of the future. Here’s a little more about Kim:
Favorite hobbies 👩🌾📚🥾🍳
Gardening, reading, hiking, cooking
Go-to meal to cook 🍝
Favorite movie 🎥
An Affair to Remember
What should every teacher own? 💻
Favorite Subject in School ➗
Something that always makes you smile 🐱
Cats with zoomies
The beginning of the year is always packed full of events. Even today we are at the Indiana STEM Education Conference! See below for more details on the national trade shows we will attend soon, FETC and TCEA.
The Future of Education Technology Conference is an amazing place to explore the latest advancements in education technology and collaborate with educators and tech experts. Come find us in Orlando at booth #2242! Register here.
At the beginning of February, we will head to Austin for the Texas Computer Education Association Conference. Come see hundreds of sessions, speakers, and exhibitors as you grow knowledge and skills from the best in the industry! We will be at booth #2653. Register here.