10 Must-Reads for any STEM Educator or ProfessionalJanuary 13, 2021
The Importance of Early Exposure to STEMJanuary 21, 2021
Happy New Year! We’re excited to leave 2020 in the past and get ready for the year ahead! While things may not have shifted back to normal as the ball dropped on Jan. 1, these resources can help you make the most of the new semester. Get your resolutions ready and keep reading for ways to start your year off right — wherever you find yourself teaching.
STEM News to Start Your Year
- 5 Ways to Do Robotics Remotely
- Impactful Science Teaching Requires Five Hours Instruction Weekly
- Top Educational Technology Trends In 2020-2021
- Jan. 6 was National Technology Day — check out these technology facts.
Add EdTech to Your List of Resolutions
Try out some new technology to maximize creativity and design-thinking in your classroom this year. Glowforge printers allow students to transform 2D designs in 3D models using almost any material – click below to learn more.
New Year, New Lessons
STEM Champions to Follow in 2021
- @nerd.candy — captures amazing photos of microscopic creatures
- @edtechdigest — shares the latest EdTech news and innovations
- @teachoutsidethebox — offers engaging STEM classroom activities
- @jmattmiller — shares lots of educational technology tools and tips
- @STEM_MrsGropper — posts fun activities she does with her students
STEM Education Works has a busy season ahead! We will be presenting our new Build Smart Clubhouse curriculum at the Indiana STEM conference and the ICTM conference in February. We will also be presenting our Build Smart EV Micro-Kart Kit curriculum at ITEEA in March.