BBC micro:bit V2
Meet the micro:bit V2 which has been upgraded with a powerful new processor with increased capabilities for memory, additional sensing power, and a new speaker with a microphone. More features, including easy ways to take AI and ML into the classroom, will be released throughout 2021.
This latest version of micro:bit will fit right in to your existing lessons and materials; all the existing MakeCode blocks and MicroPython code will work in the same way as they do on the original micro:bit. The original micro:bit will also continue to work just as it did before.
Important: The micro:bit v2 does not include any cables or power sources. This is just the board. We recommend picking up a micro:bit AAA battery holder or a micro USB cable as well to power your board.
- 64 MHz Arm Cortex-M4 with FPU
- 512KB Flash
- 128KB RAM
- 5×5 Red LED Array
- Two Programmable Buttons, one touch sensitive logo
- MEMS microphone and LED indicator
- Onboard Light, Compass, Accelerometer, Temp Sensors and Speaker
- 2.4 Ghz Micro:bit Radio/BLE 5.0 Smart Antenna
- 25-pin Edge Connector
- 4 dedicated GPIO, PWM, I2C, SPI, and ext. power
- Three Digital/Analog Input/Output Rings
- Two Power Rings — 3V and GND
- Dedicated I2C bus for peripherals
- MicroUSB Connector (5V)
- JST-PH Battery Connector (Not JST-XH) (3V)
- Power/reset Button with Status LED
- 200 mA available for accessories
- Program with C++, MakeCode, Python, Scratch
Out of stock